Labor & Employment
Our labor and employment lawyers are experienced in handling routine employment contract matters as well as various types of labor disputes that arise.
Due to the unique labor laws and mandatory tax-filing and other regulatory compliance laws in China, the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) we assist in China often require assistance with back-office administration and accounting. Since the majority of our clients are SMEs, to respond to their needs, the lawyers in our offices work alongside our finance, accounting and human resources experts to assist our clients with the establishment of employment, social insurance, human resources and accounting management systems. Our professionals continue to administer these management systems until our clients are ready to hire internal staff to complete administrative and accounting tasks in-house. Many of our clients prefer to work with a single service provider that offers legal, human resources and accounting services as opposed to working with various different professional services firms.
Key services provided by our labor & employment professionals include:
- Advising clients on compliance with labor law requirements
- Preparation of employment contracts, employee handbooks, internal employment and work safety rules, intellectual property protection agreements, termination agreements and other employment documentation
- Shareholders agreements, stock option and profit sharing plans
- Expatriate employment contracts and work visas
- Creating and maintaining social insurance and housing fund payment accounts
- Human resources and accounting outsourcing services
- Labor outsourcing services and assistance with hiring employees prior to establishing a legal entity
- Arbitration, mediation, settlements and dispute resolution