ABOUT Raymond Tan
Fund Formation, Corporate Financing and Cross-border M&A
Raymond Tan is a PRC-admitted lawyer. He has represented clients such as private equity funds, Fortune 500 companies, investment banks in corporate financing, cross-border M&A, JV projects and other international commercial transactions. He also advises clients on corporate restructurings, fund formation and other commercial matters. Before joining Shanghai Young-Ben Law Firm as a Partner, Raymond was a senior lawyer in the Shanghai office of Zhong Lun Law Firm, where he worked for more than 5 years. Prior to that, Raymond worked with Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton in Shanghai, specializing in venture capital and FDI.
With his practice area covering fund formation, PE/VC, M&A and FDI, Raymond has represented a wide range of clients including those in banking and financial services, education, media, manufacturing, software, technology, real estate and healthcare sectors on a variety of projects. Representative clients he has worked for include Warburg Pincus, Infinity Capital, GIC, OCBC, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Family Mart, Marubeni and Lincoln Electric. In addition, Raymond has also helped various privately-owned companies to set up VIE structure, which are engaged in business of art-work, e-commerce, educational consulting, and so forth.
- Represented Korean cosmetic firm Nature & Nature in its Shanghai JV project with Fosun;
- Represented ZhongAn P&O Insurance in its Shanghai JV project with Colgate;
- Represented R. H. Shepard, a U.S. steering gear firm, in its Hubei JV project with a local automobile company;
- Represented Car Delivery Network, Ltd., a U.K. logistics software company, in its Shanghai JV project;
- Represented Shanghai Junlun Bio-tech in its JV project with a U.S. technology company;
- Represented a U.S. manufacturer in its Qingdao JV project;
- Represented TIG, a U.S. cloud calculation company, in its Shanghai JV
- Represented ICBC in its PE investment in a Nanjing supply chain company, converting such company into Sino-Foreign Joint Venture company;
- Represented ZhongAn P&O Insurance in its A-round PE financing, whereby ZhongAn was converted into a Sino-Foreign Joint Venture company limited by shares;
- Represented a local IC manufacturer in its A-round PE financing, which was a Sino-Foreign Joint Venture limited liability company;
- Represented GLC in its trade-sale deal regarding certain B-shares of listed Sino-Foreign Joint Venture company “Shen Jidi B”(Stock Code: 200053);
- Represented Starwood for merger control filing matters in relation to the restructuring of its PRC businesses;
- Represented FamilyMart in the restructuring of its PRC WFOE and JV subsidiaries;
- Represented a German medical device manufacturer in the patent dispute with its Dalian JV and the potential liquidation matters.
- PRC Bar
- Member of Fund panel under Shanghai Bar Association
- Juris Master，Fudan Law School，2008; B.A.，Fudan University，2004